Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday is Funday

Things have been pretty decent lately. Apparently heartache helps to lose weight because I've been steadily losing. I've already lost my goal weight for this week but I'll keep going. I mean, I've got to lose as fast as possible before the wedding. But then I think and remember that I'm talking craziness because I still need to look somewhat alright in my bridesmaid dress. I think it'll be ok though. I highly doubt that the dress is going to be hanging off me.

Highlight for this week: I have a friend from Mass. coming to visit! She and I were roommates in my sophomore year of college. Big mistake. I couldn't stand her for that entire year. She doesn't know that, however, and all was well when I ditched her the next year and lived by myself.

At any rate, she's been dieting. After an incident that happened at university which ended with her fleeing the state, she's been gaining weight like insanity. Apparently, the only things her social group in Mass. like to do is eat and drink. She's always known that she was gaining weight but she didn't decide to do anything until recently. She's lost almost 30 pounds in 2 months so far. J, as I'll dub her, as been confiding in me about her diet plan and it's borderline unhealthy. You know how it is. People try to lose weight as fast as they can, knowing that eating less food will help them reach their goal weight.

I'm not saying anything about it, however. She doesn't have an eating disorder. She craves all the unhealthiness that she could have before and apparently, the first thing she wants to do when she sees me is eat. Great. But she chose a steakhouse so I can use my power of vegetarian as an excuse not to chow the fuck down. Also, another issue is that she hasn't seen me in two years. I don't think she realizes how much weight I've actually lost since the last time we've seen each other. This might trigger a competitive edge in her but again, we'll have to see.

Besides that... my eating as been up and down. I'm feeling a little depressed lately so I've been sleeping a lot more now and sleeping through dinner. When I wake up and realize this, I feel happy for a moment until I get depressed at the thought that I have to get at that state in order not to overeat. My parents are worried. They'll randomly come by to see how I'm doing without saying that that's what they're doing. My mom wants to go shopping with me, she asks me how the gym was... it's very surreal.

And again, it makes me depressed that I have to be in this state in order for them to want to do this with me.

Hmm... My goals for this week is to finish my assignments and reading, practice my Japanese, and keep in touch with people.

3 comments:

  1. ありがとう (。^▽^。) かっこいな、日本語を勉強でいる! im not completely fluent but i know enough to hold a convo =) if you need help id be happy to help and you could defo help me too cuz i know still need it! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. i follow yooooooooooou :D
    http://gairahlove.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete