Friday, September 17, 2010

I broke up with L.

It wasn't because of anything my mother said about him, I guess it was more that the end had been drawing near without me wanting to deal with it. L's a nice guy but he was too desperate to have me. But I think, for him, it was too much work to keep me that he stopped trying to do standard things, even if he wanted to. Why did I have to be the one who worried about what he was going to do for the future when he didn't seem to be making his life move? Why did I have to coach him into doing things and why did I become his personal Google search database? Why couldn't he deal with his life without being so dependent about what I thought about everything?

My mom said it was because I was too smart.

Speaking of her, ever since she found that I was breaking up with him or that I broke up with him, it seems her stance has changed. She keeps moaning about how I "broke his heart" or that "he was soooo nice" or that "You didn't give him a chance." Funny, huh?

I really didn't care about the negative things she said about him before but why, when we're no longer together, did she have to suddenly be his #1 fan? I don't want her to tell me "Good job" or "You're totally awesome!" I want her to tell me that everything is going to be alright and that it wasn't my fault. Better yet, I would rather her say nothing.

Is that too much to ask? Why do I have to feel worse about breaking up with him?

Please, just leave me alone. That's really all I want for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment